plant help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
i have a 15g tank with two 15w incandescent lights gona hopefully pic up some cfc lights within the month but its a low light aquarium and im wondering what other plants can i put in for more natural fuller looking tank

Sent from my Vortex using Aquarium

When you get the two 23 watt bulbs that'll put you close to medium light.

Try cryptocorynes, various echinodorus, sagittaria subulata, some rotalas like rotala rotundifolia, some ludwigia like l. repens. Java fern and java moss are both staples in low-medium light tanks as well.

Crepe said:
When you get the two 23 watt bulbs that'll put you close to medium light.

Try cryptocorynes, various echinodorus, sagittaria subulata, some rotalas like rotala rotundifolia, some ludwigia like l. repens. Java fern and java moss are both staples in low-medium light tanks as well.

i only have a stock hood im not sure how much watage it can handle in each socket n its a screw in socket so i have a limited bulb choice

nonono. Compact fluorescent bulbs are self ballasted. You can fit any wattage bulb within reason inside the screw in seats. You WANT the screw in type unless you're going for high light which means T5s or metal halides or (more outmoded) PC lights.

Look for 6500k bulbs. You want the proper color and decent wattage...

dsc01817n.jpg

To the left is a 23watt 6500k compact fluorescent bulb. To the right are two T5HO 6700K bulbs.

Crepe said:
nonono. Compact fluorescent bulbs are self ballasted. You can fit any wattage bulb within reason inside the screw in seats. You WANT the screw in type unless you're going for high light which means T5s or metal halides or (more outmoded) PC lights.

Look for 6500k bulbs. You want the proper color and decent wattage...

ohh my bad im new to planted aquaria what should i look for in a cfc that i can buy from walmart or target etc.

yeah... it should say on the box. you may have to really look for it, it's not something they really try to advertise since it doesn't really matter for your standard home light fixture...

If it isn't on the box it's written on the base of the bulb. Just jiggle it around in the package til you see it.

Back
Top Bottom