Plant Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmg996

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 29 gal that is done cycling. I will have a dual 24 watt fixture putting out 48watts total (for those too lazy for math :lol:) I want some type of plant to hide my filter tube, heater, and bubbler. I was thinking either thick jungle val or hornwort. Which would be better? I heard hornwort is a floating plant and can take over a tank easy. Is this true?? Im going to remove alot of gravel in the middle and move it to each side, making a river effect in the middle. Then small hills on each side. What are good easy plants? I do not want co2 or anything!

Anacharis, ludwigia, pennywort should all grow and would make tall back ground plants. Some anubia and moss would help accent the mound shapes.

Anacharis, ludwigia, pennywort should all grow and would make tall back ground plants. Some anubia and moss would help accent the mound shapes.

Would tiger barbs, odessa barbs, or neon tetras, or julii corys eat any of those listed?

What are good shorter plants, something that isnt tiny but not a gaint amazon sword!

Low light and color do not mix very well. Crypts would work but they are subtle shades of red and bronze, not a vibrant red.

Low light and color do not mix very well. Crypts would work but they are subtle shades of red and bronze, not a vibrant red.

48w is low light? I thought it was medium because of it being almost 2 wpg

It is not all that much light. The luwigia I mention above will turn red under high light. You need to be in the 3 wpg range to have high light. You are under 2.

It is not all that much light. The luwigia I mention above will turn red under high light. You need to be in the 3 wpg range to have high light. You are under 2.

Hmm really? Well then, i thought wrong. I can only get this light because of price range. This light is 60 bucks online, and i am using two plant specific light bulbs. BTW its a t5-ho light setup

Yes it produces more light. but I do not think that fixture would get you to high light. If you go high light, you will need CO2 and a fertilization plan.

Yes it produces more light. but I do not think that fixture would get you to high light. If you go high light, you will need CO2 and a fertilization plan.

Exactly what i dont want lol, all i want to spend money on is food, filter cartridges, and lights when they burn out, no need for extra money ;)

Back
Top Bottom