plant i.d.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was here making a thread and I noticed this. Mind you I don't know much about plants yet, but it looks like a wisteria to me. Good luck. :) I'm sure ppl like jetajockey will chime in soon!

Okay well someone just gave it to me a while ago and it has been in my fish tank.....but I was asking because I wanted to see if it would be safe to put in my turtle tank...? Anyone know?

Well it wont hurt your turtles. I'm not saying your turtles wont hurt it xD.

asberry2 said:
Alright. I have no idea so are you 100% sure it isn't toxic?...its a young turtle

I'm not going to say 100%, no. I don't want to be responsible for your turtles death. But I'm pretty sure it will be fine. Ive had shrimp eat dead wisteria leaves and they're fine.

I think your turt will be ok.

asberry2 said:
Ha alright thanks....while you're at it do you want to identify one more plant for me? It came out of a local pond...

Sure, I can try. But I See like 3 clear species here, which are you trying to ID.

The tall one, is it flat or tube-like? Because it almost seems to look like a bunch or water onions.. but I have a cracked screen, soo.. the smaller one I have no clue but it almost looks like Lysimachia nummularia maybe.?

I'm sorry I'm fairly new with plants and I don't know what else it could be. I'm probably way off here but maybe some type of eleocharis species. I can't remember if they're tube-like but I know they're grassy.

I think you're right about the eleocharis.....eleocharis palustrus maybe? I think so. I still have no idea about the other. But I just threw some in a tank and it is growing like crazy in just some dechlorinated water

Palustris is a possibility but they have small flowers on their tips which it doesn't seem like your plant has. Look up eleocharis dulcis.

asberry2 said:
Well the tall grass looking one and the little green leafed one standing up it of the water....and anything else you'd like to share

The green one in the water is some type of Ludwigia, I think it is only one type right? The two stems are from the same plant?

The grass really does look like some kind of water onion lol. It looks like dwarf hair grass or micro swords when submersed, but this is emersed.. So idk on the onion

Back
Top Bottom