Plant I.D.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishey bricks

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all, I've recently got this plant from my LFS and have been unable to I.D. it. I'm thinking that it might be a member of Eleocharis genus, but I've never seen one with roots like this. Any thoughts on the subject?

20151020_145112.jpg

20151020_145140.jpg

Im not the best plant identifier but it looks like dwarf chain sword... not positive though.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That was one of the species that I thought it might be to, but the leaves are more characteristic of a hairgrass.

Maybe micro sword? I have some growing, not in that big of a clump but similar looking.

Great thank, now for the next question. What's the best way to plant it. Should I plant it like hair grass or is there a better way.

You can just plant the whole clump. May work better if you spread it ut though. Are you running high light/Co2?

You can just plant the whole clump. May work better if you spread it ut though. Are you running high light/Co2?
I'm going to be keeping them in a 5 gal tank that is running a 6,000 CFL. I am also going to hook up a DIY Co2 system.

Too think for hairgrass.

I'm with nils on the micro sword. Not a hard plant to keep.

Caleb

Yea, pretty easy. Grows pretty fast under my Finnex light with DIY Co2. You could probably grow it in a low tech set up, but it sounds like you have everything you need.

Back
Top Bottom