Plant I.D. Please :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yellow Eye Tang

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was just wondering if anyone could ID these plants. I bought them all but I cant remember the names of them. If anyone could point them out Id be very happy.

Attachments

• PICT0035.jpg
    PICT0035.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 64
the ones in back look like amazon swords, the front left looks like a java fern, the one in the middle looks like some type of cyrpt, then idk what the right front is from this picture. Don't know what the red one is from this picture either.

The back middle one and the red one are the ones I cant identify as well. I need to get a better pic of the back middle one. It's awsome and if I remember the lfs told me it was a baloon something. It's got really thick veins running through it and as the new leafs come out they have a reddish tint.

If you have buried the rhizome on the java fern you need to pull it out some it will rot if buried. it does well tied down to something.

The rhizome portion. It's not a root, but a thick part at the base that the roots grow out of (and also where the leaves sprout from). It's basically the sugar storage part of the plant and needs to stay above ground. Normally we use string or zipties to anchor the fern to something (driftwood, a rock). After a couple weeks/months, the roots will anchor and you can remove the string/ziptie. Otherwise as mentioned it will rot. Take a look at a picture of my puffer tank. These are not java ferns but anubias, however they have a similar rhizome structure that needs to stay above ground. Since I just did a heavy renovation the anubias is no longer anchored into the substrate. So I ziptied the rhizome to some granite pieces I use as very dense small anchors. HTH
img2769.jpg

i think the red one is alternathera reinekii. but not a very good pic so i'm not positive.

Back
Top Bottom