Plant I.D.'s again please :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishies86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi, I picked these up today for half price, so I got all three plants for £3.75! Woo! Bargain :) trouble is, I'm not entirely sure what they are. I think one is bacopa, one is a crypt, and the other some sort of sword, but would love to know exactly what they are. Sorry about the pic quality. Don't ya just love iPhones! :(

Et voilà! Omg! You have no idea how stressed it's made me uploading these! Took me four goes, and two flat phone battery and recharges! Stupid iPhones!
Anyways... Hopefully someone can ID these for me :) thanks!

Attachments

• image-1020095664.jpg
    image-1020095664.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 65
  • image-2762489251.jpg
    image-2762489251.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 63
  • image-160243099.jpg
    image-160243099.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 64
The first appears to be an Amazon sword, E. bleheri, the second is a Cryptocoryne, possibly wendti, and not sure of the third.

I don't think the second one is a wendtii....could be a crypt, possibly pontederiifolia, but i really don't think it's a wendtii.

the third looks like Bacopa australis

Thanks :) the crypt needs low light doesn't it? The sword doesn't look like the pics I've seen of E. bleheri. It looks more flat, as if it is gonna grow along the ground. What sort of conditions does the bacopa need?

bacopa and crypts can stay alive in fairly low light but the higher the light the better. That looks like an amazon sword to me also, it could be droopy from transitioning from tank to tank.

jetajockey said:
bacopa and crypts can stay alive in fairly low light but the higher the light the better. That looks like an amazon sword to me also, it could be droopy from transitioning from tank to tank.

Ok that's cool :) I've got med- high light I think.

Back
Top Bottom