Plant id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah, didn't see the additional picture when I looked it up on plantgeek.net. So what do you think this might be? Thanks for the id.

Attachments

• image-2785114680.jpg
    image-2785114680.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 61
I didn't realize the picture was blurry when I uploaded it from my iPhone. I'll try and get a better picture tonight unless some is able to make out what this is.

I don't have a close up at the moment but the leaves are very small. I looked up indian fern on plantgeek and it doesn't really look like that. I'll try and get a close up of them tonight. Thanks

Looks like peacock fern perhaps? If so, its not aquatic. But, I am horrible at ID's. The first pic doesn't look like wisteria to me, unless its a different variation

Must be a variation of wisteria:
Wisteria page
Additional photo

I couldn't find a peacock fern on plantgeek, maybe because it isn't aquatic, but I did a Google image search and it kind looks like that but not really.

Wish I written down what the package said when I bought it.

I do not think it is peacock fern.

I can't tell for sure what it is. My first thought was mermaid weed... but the pic is kind of blurry :)

I was thinking mermaid weed but it looks nothing like the stuff I just got in. I'm not sure if its because it is still adapting to the tank or just dying off.

Yeah a tube. All four of my plants came from tubes, from Petco. The guy was actually kind helpful with the plants, not anything else, but pointed out all of the ones that were either not aquatic or marsh/bog type plants. I could have grabbed a non-aquatic by accident though. They are all doing great so far, 2 1/2 weeks now.

Well, I don't know that I'm calling it right, but I got that same plant that I've always called peacock fern and it wasn't aquatic. But... I could be wrong.

OK, when I get home tonight I'll take a close up of the leaves and post it. You are probably more right than me because I'm the one asking what it is. :)

Well, I don't know that I'm calling it right, but I got that same plant that I've always called peacock fern and it wasn't aquatic. But... I could be wrong.

...it just looked too narrow to me... but I know they sell peacock ferns in the dreaded "tubes of doom" so you are probably right.

Ok hopefully these aren't as blurry. Two pics of the same plant.

Attachments

• image-1986573073.jpg
    image-1986573073.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 56
  • image-1744683495.jpg
    image-1744683495.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 60
Yeah I've seen those in tube at petco / petsmart and wondered if they were aquatic or not. They are neat and like no other aquatic plant I've seen.

Back
Top Bottom