Plant ID?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mommaof4boys

Aquarium Advice Freak
tank2-1.jpg

tank1-1.jpg

I found this picture and I really love the look... Can anyone help me figure out what plants are in this tank? I was thinking the big full ones are an amazon sword?

Also, is it normal for driftwood to "crumble" when you touch it?

Thank you in advance!

Looks like dwarf sag, spiral vals, typical amozons, and maybe a sp. of alternanthera in the back. I cant ID the two near the front of pic two. Anubia of some sort pehaps a ludwigia repens behind it.
no driftwood should not crumble on touch. Sounds like a big mess! :ermm:

Also, is it normal for driftwood to "crumble" when you touch it?

Thank you in advance!

Depends on the DW ... Malaysian does crumble .. at least all of mine do ... but thats only when I grab and move them around ... Yep a bit messy. Some have been in my tanks for close to a year. My Mopani which has been in the tank months longer than the Malaysian is tough as nails.

jcolon said:
Depends on the DW ... Malaysian does crumble .. at least all of mine do ... but thats only when I grab and move them around ... Yep a bit messy. Some have been in my tanks for close to a year. My Mopani which has been in the tank months longer than the Malaysian is tough as nails.

I have no idea what these are.. maybe I should check into Mopani DW! Lol thank you for your response!

Bottomfeeder88 said:
Looks like dwarf sag, spiral vals, typical amozons, and maybe a sp. of alternanthera in the back. I cant ID the two near the front of pic two. Anubia of some sort pehaps a ludwigia repens behind it.
no driftwood should not crumble on touch. Sounds like a big mess! :ermm:

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom