Plant ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquastrategist

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got a couple plants growing directly on the edge of the water. There from massachusetts water and were growing at the juncture of two streams. They were growing on april in the 50's so I assume they like cold water. I put them in my 10 gallon and they have grown more, one has even grown out of the water which I found them in the wild. Can anyone identify them?

ForumRunner_20130418_193327.jpg

ForumRunner_20130418_193358.jpg

ForumRunner_20130418_193418.jpg

Im not sure what it is on the one i think you want answers too. But the bamboo plant isnt a fully aquatic plant. From the top of the stem it should be sticking out of the water and inch or two. If not it will rot and eventualy die

Looks like invasive water sprite or water lettuce, and I agree on the bamboo care, semi aquatic need the top leaves and at least the top reedy area should be exposed if you use a root tab and gently bury the bottom inch of either the root tips or stem base in a mountain of substrate high enough to accommodate. Hope that helps.

I took out the two short bamboo and put them in a vase and I agree I looked up that plant thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom