Plant id?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buu

Aquarium Advice Freak
I saw these at pet supermarket. The lady just said "it's an assorted potted plant" =\

image-3451325522.jpg

Also while I'm in the plant section, and rather not make a 1000 threads, I have another question. I bought some filigree myrio, the weights they have on it have rotted the roots off. would they grow/thrive if I were to trim the bottoms (rotted parts), and replant the green parts? Ya know and strip the leaves in area I'm planting.

Also! One last question (sorry!). I noticed some of plants there had black fuzzy stuff growing on them. Even some of the gravel. Is that normal or okay? Or should I NOT buy plants from there?

Looks like glossostigma elatinoides. High light, high CO2 plant.

The black fuzz is probably BBA. It's pretty common in planted tanks, and would especially common in a over stocked, high light aquarium like you would likely find in a fish store.

Looks like glossostigma elatinoides. High light, high CO2 plant.

The black fuzz is probably BBA. It's pretty common in planted tanks, and would especially common in a over stocked, high light aquarium like you would likely find in a fish store.

Looks exactly like the plant! Thank you. Too bad it's so demanding, looks so lush and would be a nice ground filler.

Back
Top Bottom