Plant ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codefox

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Could y'all help me out with these?

plant.JPG

plant2.jpg

That's what they are :( Grr...I can't believe that. Well, I still have the receipts, I'll take them back tommorrow.

Wow, nice ID on that first one Alex! I would have had no idea what it was, but you're right, it is definitely not a true aquatic. And you're dead on on the second one too. That is definitely Acorus, quite often sold in fish stores as an aquatic, but will die a messy death if submersed for any length of time.

Definitely take them back and try to inform your LFS of the fact that they should not be sold as submersible aquarium plants. I did that with my LFS and, though they continued to sell them, they were good enough to begin labeling them as bog/marginal plants and informed customers that they would not grow submersed. Hopefully your LFS will do the same if you inform them of this.

I couldn't have told you the name on the first one, but would've bet money it wasn't a true aquatic just from the looks of it.

I didn't know the names of the top of my head, but I did remember where I saw pics of those plants before. When I first started keeping plants I bought the same plants and was really pissed when I found out what they where.

I'm partially annoyed at the store but also partially annoyed at myself for just buying it. I HAD seen that link to the Aluminum plant months ago when I first started looking at plants. It's a very nice plant though, I'm going to keep it and pot it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom