plant id and help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MMantelli

Aquarium Advice Addict
I don't know what this is it was sold To me as a sword. Now for the help part I do co2 injection and just started dosing with flourish and use API tabs. Well as u can see in the pics it just got trimmed my buddy did it while he was here but I don't think he did it right.

imagejpeg_2.jpg

ForumRunner_20130330_125040.jpg

ForumRunner_20130330_125101.jpg

ForumRunner_20130330_125122.jpg

ForumRunner_20130330_125147.jpg

ForumRunner_20130330_125207.jpg

ForumRunner_20130330_125224.jpg

Don't pay too much attention to the old leaves. Watch for new ones. Plants sometimes shed the old leaves when moved from one place to another. I believe it was trimmed a bit much. Only take about 25% of the foliage at one time. Give it time, it will likely come back.

Its getting worse I dosed flourish Wednesday and Saturday (today) have a root tab under it and diy co2 and the biggest leaf it just started disintegrating. Here'sthe best close up I can get and a pic I just took of the plant. I hope this works out cause if I don't kill this plant my wife will let me heavily plant her 20 and do the pps pro fertilization if this don't work out we don't want to waste the money on plants just to have them die :( and thanks for the help

ForumRunner_20130330_214442.jpg

ForumRunner_20130330_214506.jpg

The problem is that pic is pretty blurry though. The way the leaves are bending over like an umbrella makes me think anubias, but the base looks more like a traditional rosette plant, so I'm torn.

Good news is that if it is an anubias, killing it will be several times more impressive than keeping it alive.

The problem is that pic is pretty blurry though. The way the leaves are bending over like an umbrella makes me think anubias, but the base looks more like a traditional rosette plant, so I'm torn.

Good news is that if it is an anubias, killing it will be several times more impressive than keeping it alive.

Haha why's that? I must have a black thumb lol. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. And I'm pretty sure its an anubias.

And ya its with Africans ::hide:: I'm learning as I go.

And I'll try to get a better pic of the base but as i'm using a camera phone i may just have to take it out for a quick picture of the base during my water change tomorrow. I don't get how it started getting worse after I dosed with the flourish aren't ferts supposed to help it? LoL

Here's a couple pics I snapped while moving it to my wife's 20 since I'm running chemi pure elite in my 55 and only mechanical and bb in her filstar I left the roots exposed dosed 2ml of flourish and moved my diy co2 also. The light I'm running is a current USA 24" nova extreme with the true lumen bulbs it came with.

ForumRunner_20130404_015437.jpg

ForumRunner_20130404_015454.jpg

ForumRunner_20130404_015513.jpg

ForumRunner_20130404_015538.jpg

Sorry there a lil blurry using a phone to take the pics.

The closest thing I can find that resembles it is anubias barteri. Second closest is the peace lily but where the roots meet the plant is where I'm having the most issue. I bought it from a petco.

Question does the peace lilly and anubias send out new leaves in the same fashion? Here's what I'm talking about it is a new leaf rolled up that split from an old stalk. Still haven't had a definate I'd on this plant but were leanin more towards anubias barteri.

ForumRunner_20130409_212450.jpg

So that answers that it is def not an anubias. I've had it for almost 2 months now could a peace lily survive that long emersed (right or is it submersed I keep getting the 2 backwards)or might it be something different? Oh and jetajockey I love that rabbit of yours he looks like quite a character.

Back
Top Bottom