Plant ID and propagation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VioletEmber

Aquarium Advice Freak
Did it again, left the store without writing the name down.

image-2002086446.jpg

My guess is that it is a type of Myriophyllum but we'll see how off I am!

It looks like to me that it started to have emersed growth and then realized it was underwater again and switched back to immersed growth. The look of it drives me nuts but it is growing well. Can I cut this anywhere along the stalk and re-plant? Or how does it propagate? Looks like it is sending off new stalks from the umm... connecting points of the "branches"... Darn it- back to my plant vocabulary book I go...

image-1645730727.jpg

That's Saphy the Betta saying hi.

I was thinking ceratophyllum Echinatum but I'm not a plant expert by any means and I probably didn't spell that right lol

paytertot said:
I was thinking ceratophyllum Echinatum but I'm not a plant expert by any means and I probably didn't spell that right lol

Actually, you did spell it right or at least close enough for me to find it! It's similar, but not it. But in the search for that one I think I might have found it as some type of Myriophyllum after all. It is one you can cut along the stem and replant. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom