Plant ID Challenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks a lot different from the Ludwigia I got from the LFS. I googled around and saw lots and lots of different Ludwigia species. I wonder which species it is in the Ludwigia genus.

I could get one, but it would take a while. The plant in the pic is 4.25" tall.

Here's repens. I don't think that's what it is. In my plant, the segments are straighter, thinner, and less juicy looking. Also my leaves are round and don't have the striations you see in this picture of Ludwigia repens

Attachments

• ludwigia_repens_231.jpg
    ludwigia_repens_231.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 24
My guess would be L. repens or possibly bacopa caroliniana. Either one looks similar to the pic when it has been growing under lower light conditions. Would lean my guess more toward a type of ludwigia though.

Just a thought ...

itafx, you said it was a plant from a "local creek", or something to the effect (in another thread). It seems a lot of plants grow all over large regions but appear differntly in sub-regions. I dont think you mentioned what part of the world you are from. Knowing your location, may help someone give you a better answer in your quest for an ID.

Ketso said:
Just a thought ...

itafx, you said it was a plant from a "local creek", or something to the effect (in another thread). It seems a lot of plants grow all over large regions but appear differntly in sub-regions. I dont think you mentioned what part of the world you are from. Knowing your location, may help someone give you a better answer in your quest for an ID.

Good point. I'm from Virginia.

Back
Top Bottom