Plant ID needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peyton

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Purrbox is (as always) right on :) The first plant is Potamogeton gayi, my nemesis :p It is very easy to grow and quite invasive so I hope you like it.

The second plant is Didiplis diandra, a very nice little plant that doesn't get too tall and works very well in the midground. Under high light with CO2 supplementation the tips should blush to pink or even a red color. I haven't ever gotten it to do that but I'm still trying. Nice stuff :)

Thank you Travis. Acording to a quick google search Didiplis diandra is a.k.a. Water hedge and Blood Stargrass. I've heard those names before but never would have made the connection.

Did potamogeton gayi take a long time to start growing for you? Mine has done nothing for two weeks but root and some of the leaves are starting to decay.

Trust me, all you need to do is ignore the P. gayi, maybe put it behind something, and before you know you will have more than you ever wanted :p

Back
Top Bottom