Plant ID please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blert

Aquarium Advice Addict
Think it's a ludwigia of some type. There was no tag on it at the store.

That's not funk on the plant it's red coloration.

Attachments

• image-410951337.jpg
    image-410951337.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 77
Looks kind of like L. Repens, but very green. Can you get a shot from above and or a closer shot of a leaf for us?

Pics from above.

The first pic shows better color, it does actually have quite a bit of red in it.

The second shows better definition without the flash glare. The darker areas that look like algae or funk is actually the plants redness.

Attachments

• image-4466693.jpg
    image-4466693.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 68
  • image-779909851.jpg
    image-779909851.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 61
Hmmm, take back the L. Repens guess. Maybe ludwigia palustris? Look up some pictures and let me know what you think.

aqua_chem said:
Hmmm, take back the L. Repens guess. Maybe ludwigia palustris? Look up some pictures and let me know what you think.

Yeah, I've had L. Repens before, still do actually. It has not done too well for me. The pics of L. Palustris I found sure seem to have the right leaf shape which led to me to think it was not L. Repens when I saw it in the store. I'll give it a couple of weeks in the tank and see if the new growth shape changes from growing submerged.

Thanks for your help. I'll post some more pics after it grows out a bit and we shall see what we shall see.

Found out what this plant is...
Alternanthera ficoidea or "Joseph's Coat".
Unfortunately, this is not an aquatic plant.

Back
Top Bottom