Plant ID please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spiketooth

Aquarium Advice FINatic
what kind of plant is this (ones in the middle). Thank you
74098-albums11703-picture57087.jpg

Thank you, this plant has been the easiest plant to care for, ya plant it and watch it grow. Nothing special needed.

I have killed very few plants but that was one of them! Don't know why but I have issues with the easy ones! Well ok not all of them but... You want a plant that takes over? Try ceratophyllum demersum (common names are foxtail or hornwort). It's a floating plant but I have mine anchored to the bottom. My gouramis, shrimp, & bettas (females) love it

image-206049291.jpg

I can't keep wisteria either don't feel bad!:)

Oh good! I thought it was just me :)
I have so many medium to difficult level plants that do great but wisteria is supposed to be a no brainer & I've tried more than once with no luck. I currently have one little piece of it struggling to make it so fingers crossed!!

I will get a updated pic but there growing like weeds, i am going to have to trim them

Nice. Just remember to sell the cutoffs. I was handing them out to people no charge for awhile (swamp in a bag!) then I wanted to get some cuttings off a different plant from one of those people & they were selling 2" pieces for $5 each. I said no thanks & have been selling mine ever since. Pays for all the new ones I buy :)

i been working 12's and had not had time to trim these guys, i am going to do it today just thought i add one more picture before i do so. these things grow too quick i might have to remove them.

The wisteria is worth keeping as it is a really good nitrate absorber. Best way to trim down is to pull up, cut off the bottom with the roots and replant. It keeps the tops pretty shape and slows growth for awhile until the roots form again. OS.

Back
Top Bottom