Plant ID please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep those are marginal plants. Dracaena ribbon plant and the other might be some kind of arrowhead, it's hard to tell. Neither are true aquatics but work good in bogs/emersed setups or hanging out of the top of a tank.

Ugk that is sooooo annoying. Got it at Petco and thought it was totally submersible. Just planted it and realized as I did so that it's bamboo but assumed it was a fully submersible kind. My tank is way too tall for it to stick out the top. I presume it will just die? I guess I should just take it back. Bummer as it looks great in my tank!

Why not do a planted bowl with the bamboo growing out of the water? Always take a chance for another tank. LOL Don't feel bad. We have all fell for the non aquatic plant thing.

Why not do a planted bowl with the bamboo growing out of the water? Always take a chance for another tank. LOL Don't feel bad. We have all fell for the non aquatic plant thing.

I think my husband will have a fit if I have a 3rd tank!! BUT I like the idea I think I'll just use a large flower vase from home and put the bamboo in it.

That said - this week I visited an office and they had a large flower vase with a betta in it. They had a plant in the top with the roots in the water and said that takes care of all the waste and so they only have to top up the water - no changes and no algae as no light so bascially no maintenance. Really?????

Yep those are marginal plants. Dracaena ribbon plant and the other might be some kind of arrowhead, it's hard to tell. Neither are true aquatics but work good in bogs/emersed setups or hanging out of the top of a tank.

Just looked up arrowhead - yes! That's it!! Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom