Plant ID please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jo26

Aquarium Advice Regular
IMG_4743.jpg
Saw this tank online and really like the plants shown in the picture, can any one id them for me please?

Sorry I don't keep plants currently I'm just looking into it so what does that mean?

Carbon product's such as flourish excel can injury and or kill it. Sometimes you can start below label rates and ease into it allowing the plants to adjust.

Oh right okay then thank you. Like I said I'm currently looking into plants so I will be going for some easy to keep ones to start off with.

Plants will change your whole perspective of what an aquarium is or can be. Plants make everything easier and better. Going to a planted tank is like discovering a new universe. Odds are you will greatly enjoy it.

Yeah they look amazing. I've been having a look at a few but not decided what to start with yet. Any suggestions? The top of my tank is bare at the moment as just had a new one which is taller and my artificial plants only go 1/2 - 3/4 of the way up.

What I like about this plant is its flexibility and ability to adjust. I will explain. If you already have this plant or just get it and start using seachem excel or the like it most likely will melt some or most. But what I noticed is that all the new stems that grow since seem to have adjusted and are lush and green and no melt or issues. So seems just the initial ones were effected.

I also like its flexibility of being able to plant anywhere. It can be a floating plant or can be planted wherever you like. Very hardy plant.

That's good to know as like I said I'm looking to fill the top part of my tank as it's bare at the moment since upgrading to a bigger one.

That's good to know as like I said I'm looking to fill the top part of my tank as it's bare at the moment since upgrading to a bigger one.

This would be a great plant then in that situation.

If you are budget conscious what I do and sometimes works is when buying from a LFS I look at the bad stocks and see if they will mark it down. They usually do. In this case I would do that because like I said it's a very hardy plant and bounces back very easily.

Back
Top Bottom