Plant id please and maybe a deficiency?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roydooms

Aquarium Advice Addict
Black spots on leaves and sides. Is it iron deficiency? Thanks.'

I don't think so. Are you sure the spots are not algae?

The leaf edges dieing on the leaf on the left suggest a Potassium (K) deficiency or trace deficiency to me. Are you dosing anything yet in the tank?

Iron deficiency presents itself with yellowing leaves... not really dying or withering leaves.

fort384 said:
I don't think so. Are you sure the spots are not algae?

The leaf edges dieing on the leaf on the left suggest a Potassium (K) deficiency or trace deficiency to me. Are you dosing anything yet in the tank?

Iron deficiency presents itself with yellowing leaves... not really dying or withering leaves.

I just got my seachem nitrogen and potassium. I also have excel, flourish and iron. Plus the root tabs. It's not algae. I tried to clean it with my fingers and it didn't come out.

ok. What is your nitrates testing out at?

I would start dosing the K and continue dosing flourish, excel, and Fe (go easy on the iron though, a little goes a long way).

fort384 said:
ok. What is your nitrates testing out at?

I would start dosing the K and continue dosing flourish, excel, and Fe (go easy on the iron though, a little goes a long way).

I'm doing PWC right now. I'll check it after. I'm doing this much PWCs. Should I be dosing every other PWC? How about the nitrogen?

Nitrogen will come after you test the nitrates... and yes... with all the PWCs, you are removing whatever % you take out, so it can be counterproductive.

Back
Top Bottom