Plant ID/possible egg sac

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rolance

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got two of these plants at petsmart and they did not have it under the right tag. What is this plant and what is this little clear ball white white dots in it?

I hope it's not some kind of pests. They are the taller plants in the back

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 108
i have never seen this plant at the aquarium store before but it does look like water snowball off of aquariumplants.com

Attachments

• image-2275041551.jpg
    image-2275041551.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 306
Those eggs are either ramshorn or bladder/pond snails. Both can be pests because of their fast spreading rate but for others ( like me ) they are good snails because they can clean algae and thats that :lol:
As for the plant I am not sure but it could be bacopa caroliniana, creeping charlie, or cardamine. All three look somewhat like the plant pictured.

You must check your new plants before you put them in tank...beware those eggs for pond snail which loves to eat plants and they will munch any green leaf near them..

The plant reminds me of the emersed form of Wisteria. As usually probably way off but does remind of it. As for the eggs they sure are bladder snail or ramshorn eggs. I have never had bladder snails eat my healthy plant leaves. I actually welcome them in my tanks as they can clean up things I can not. Ramshorn on the other hand I have heard do eat plant leaves. I can't say for sure but not ones I like keeping long enough to find out.

The plant reminds me of the emersed form of Wisteria. As usually probably way off but does remind of it. As for the eggs they sure are bladder snail or ramshorn eggs. I have never had bladder snails eat my healthy plant leaves. I actually welcome them in my tanks as they can clean up things I can not. Ramshorn on the other hand I have heard do eat plant leaves. I can't say for sure but not ones I like keeping long enough to find out.

Yup I like both types of snails. Keep many in my planted tanks
Haven't seen any live plants being eaten. Just dead plant material.

I agree with the eggs being pond/bladder snail eggs, and that the plant looks like the mere see form of wisteria from the pic you posted.

Wisteria/pond snail egg sac.

The wisteria will grow totally different now that its under water.

Back
Top Bottom