Plant ID thanks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mayoshow

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Could someone please ID this plant that has mounded up nicely in my low tech setup? Someone local I bought some RCS from gave me some of this in the shrimp bag for padding for ‘em. IMG_1562.jpgIMG_1558.jpg It’s quite overgrown and I wanted to get some ideas of what to do with it. I was thinking of using something like monofilament and pulling it into a smaller ball. It’s very thin, pretty transparent, it will eventually attach itself to a rock or almost anything else it sits next to for long enough.

Last week I tied some clumps of subwassertang to small pieces of lava rock using fine fishing line to keep them in place along the bottom.
You could take a section of black plastic knitting mesh or gutter guard and form it a cylinder or rectangle or leave it flat. Secure the subwassertang with monofilament line.

Last week I tied some clumps of subwassertang to small pieces of lava rock using fine fishing line to keep them in place along the bottom.
You could take a section of black plastic knitting mesh or gutter guard and form it a cylinder or rectangle or leave it flat. Secure the subwassertang with monofilament line.

have some lava rock, thinking about doing a mesh wall now. Thanks for the idea!

Yesterday, I made a “subwassertang pole”-like thing out of that pile of plant and a plastic rod cut to size, tied it on with thread, I have it front right. Also attached some to the sponge filter end of my HOB.IMG_1663.jpg

Back
Top Bottom