Plant Identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pokey

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello I just purchased some aquatic plants from my local aquarium. However they forget to tell me the species so my question is can anyone help me identify it?
e10SfwY.jpg

xdbbPGU.jpg

Looks like bacopa to me, maybe carolinia? Looks like it except for the stem, mine are always dark green, not pale/white like that. But it is a bacopa species IMO.

Thanks for the reply. So now that I have figured out that they lied to me about it being a floating plant are there any recommendations that you all have for floating plants.
(26 Gallon Bow with 4 Pearl Gourami and a couple Sterbai Corys)

Thanks for the reply. So now that I have figured out that they lied to me about it being a floating plant are there any recommendations that you all have for floating plants.
(26 Gallon Bow with 4 Pearl Gourami and a couple Sterbai Corys)

Hornwort can float or be planted.

Duckweed, though some actually do consider it a weed because of how fast it grows..

Dwarf/water lettuce- regular water lettuce is often used in ponds, though it still works in tanks.

Caleb

I have different floating plants in each of my tanks:

-water sprite
-najas grass
-dwarf water lettuce
-dwarf baby tears
-dwarf sag (gets amazingly long roots when floated; discovered this accidentally!)

There's actually an anubias nana petite floating around in one of my tanks and doing very well, I've just been too lazy to take it out and actually do something with it :hide:

Here is what dwarf water lettuce looks like. Sometimes if you don't thin it out the roots can hold muck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1441926174152.jpg
    1441926174152.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 48
Back
Top Bottom