Plant identity's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seanh84

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ike a div i brought plants without knowing names!

Can anyone identify them please?
I know there is a sword in the pic

Attachments

• image-967187658.jpg
    image-967187658.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 82
Thanks. I should prob ask when im buying them but just get excited to get them home

The camboda has been the most annoying plant I have ever had it exploded in my tank and ruined my tank but I think it was just because of the quality of our tap water here

Im hoping to het some twisted val but need to source some. I also want a couple of foreground but not sure what to go for

I have lots of crypts in my tank they make nice small plants just make sure you don't get the larger of the species they can get rather big

TheFishBoss97 said:
+1 on crypts;)

petco carries them, they are $5, but if you separate them, it becomes 3-4 diff. crypt plants;)

I agree I live in the UK and the last crypt plant I bought I seperated and made 6 plants out of just one I can say that was well worth the money

richpowell1989 said:
I agree I live in the UK and the last crypt plant I bought I seperated and made 6 plants out of just one I can say that was well worth the money

I also live in the uk.
So this weekends task is to source some crypt (small) and some twisted val

Seanh84 said:
I also live in the uk.
So this weekends task is to source some crypt (small) and some twisted val

If you get potted plants they tend to have a few different plants in one pot so its well worth it mate

I'm having **** trying to source decent plants in Wales been to three diff LFS today and no luck!!

maestromad said:
I'm having **** trying to source decent plants in Wales been to three diff LFS today and no luck!!

From what I have heard Wales has three of the best maidenhead aquatics there and that chain of lfs is very good its who I use they order any plant you want, people have even travelled from London just to go to them so must be good

I have two by me and neither of them a)haf the plants I wanted ad b)te ones there were half dead!! Maybe I picked a bad day lol

Maybe it was just a bad shop to be honest its down to who works there, the one near me is amazing they will bend over backwards for there customers

I have 2 lfs near me, seapets which i refuse to buy any fish from as they all die quick but i brought my plants there as they are cheap, all my plants cost £12.

And swallow aquatics which i buy everything else (fish, wood, additives) and ebay for filter media.

I've tried seapets online I'm having most prob trying to get the windelov java fern I want lol

Seanh84 said:
I have 2 lfs near me, seapets which i refuse to buy any fish from as they all die quick but i brought my plants there as they are cheap, all my plants cost £12.

And swallow aquatics which i buy everything else (fish, wood, additives) and ebay for filter media.

How many did you get for 12 pound

richpowell1989 said:
How many did you get for 12 pound

1 ageria densa, 2 Cabomba caroliniana, 2 amazon swords and another plant which i later found out was not aquatic

Seanh84 said:
1 ageria densa, 2 Cabomba caroliniana, 2 amazon swords and another plant which i later found out was not aquatic

Cool I get my bigger plants for 2.75 and the smaller ones for 1.50

Back
Top Bottom