plant IDs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James_in_MN

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a few plants I'd like a hand identifying.

I believe the first one is a crypt, and the last is an anubias.

Attachments

• P1000964.jpg
    P1000964.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 65
  • P1000967.jpg
    P1000967.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 59
  • P1000972.jpg
    P1000972.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 53
Last is anubias, the middle looks to me like an anubias buried in the substrate--if it is, need to pull it up and expose the rizhome :) ). Not sure about the first, but you may be right. Where'd you get them? Were they not labeled?

I've had the last plant for a while. The middle plants I bought recently at an auction, but don't have the label anymore. I've had the first pair for a bit (not as long as the last anubias plant) and don't remember what type of crypt it was.

Basically, I had a label for all three sets of plants at one point, but probably lost it or threw it away with the bag the plant(s) came in. :nono:

If what you say is true about the middle set of three plants, I'll have to get a piece of driftwood in there (which I wanted to do anyway) and tie them to it.

Check the third anubias and ensure the rhizome is above the substrate as well. If you've had it for a while, it's probably fine, but doesn't hurt to double check. :)

Anyone else know the scientific (or common) name for these plants?

I think we've established that two of them are anubias, but which species? And I think the third is a crypt; am I right?

Back
Top Bottom