Plant ids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atxpunx

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I would like to positively identify these plants. The first was sold as staurogyene repens and the second was sold as a val. Any info would be great. Thanks guys.

Attachments

• image-2897803256.jpg
    image-2897803256.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 68
  • image-4117754485.jpg
    image-4117754485.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 76
  • image-3812223817.jpg
    image-3812223817.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 71
I think that first one may be a hygrophila or perhaps a bacopa, though these are just guesses. I can't tell the proper size of the leaves in comparison to the stem/height.

That last one is a val. Very nice and easy to grow.

Ahh. There is a hygrophila cutting behind the plant in question. It was a stray from making room. Also, there's some bacopa behind the plant in question. I am fairly familiar with bacopa leaf structure and the plant in question has more veins on the leaf.

The internodal length look way long to be staurogyne repens. If it grows shorter after getting used to the tank (and assuming you have decent light), that will be a good indication. Otherwise, looks like something else.

aqua_chem said:
The internodal length look way long to be staurogyne repens. If it grows shorter after getting used to the tank (and assuming you have decent light), that will be a good indication. Otherwise, looks like something else.

Challenge accepted. I mean thanks!

Back
Top Bottom