Plant LED advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishkeeper88

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys and gals can you all help me choose a good Photosynthesis sustaining LED system?

My T5 HO system recently stopped working and I think it is time for something new. I have a 55 gallon semi densely planted freshwater aquarium. I have amazing filtration and amazing water quality. The fish are beautiful and healthy. I need a lighting system to help brighten them back up again! What are some dependable plant LED systems that are affordable yet functional?

Look at Beamswork PENT. For a little more money look at Finnex.

I have heard good things about Beamswork, so they are worth a look.

Depends what plants you want to go. In a tank that size you may want 2 fixtures to get into high lighting.

However low-mid light plants will do just fine with a finnex 24/7 or a chihiros A series.

Both have great reviews from people on this forum.

People say Fluval LEDs are good lights for growing plants; however, I cannot find PAR values. I'll dig around and see if I can find anything.

Hey guys I just ordered it. I just have a few more things to do to the tank before it gets here Wednesday. I'm finishing up a really in depth cleaning job on it. Probably one of my best aquascapes I've done. Do you guys want me to make a YouTube video of it after the lights get here?

Yes I found out they were strong the hard way. Assuming the reviewers PAR levels are correct 260 PAR running two on a 85 litre tank. That's a lot.

Now I'm at 90.

I don't think the A series goes above 60cm tanks. (Length) but there are a few Chihiros LEDs on the market that may suffice. There is an A plus now too.

I recently purchased the Beamswork DA 6500k pent and I could not be happier with it. $50 for a 36" LED is unheard of but this light is it! I had a hard time finding any PAR readings for this light but I can tell you that in my 46gal bowfront I can grow any low-medium or medium-high light level plants. The only thing I did find on another site was this: Sorry just realized that you already bought a light which looks great BTW. I will leave this up for others to use.

Attachments

• PARdataSept2016RudySloup.jpg
    PARdataSept2016RudySloup.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 49
Back
Top Bottom