Plant lighting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Baddog671

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently added Java moss to my aquarium and want to slowly add other low-to-medium light plants that aren't too difficult to maintain. At least for this particular tank.

I have a 19g tank and from memory the dimensions are roughly 24x12x15. Would a Marineland Double-Bright LED be a suitable unit?

Don't want to suspend, and would like something that works with a glass top.

Tank Lighting

I recently added Java moss to my aquarium and want to slowly add other low-to-medium light plants that aren't to difficult to maintain. At least for this particular tank.

I have a 19g tank and from memory the dimensions are roughly 24x12x15. Would a Marineland Double-Bright LED be a suitable unit?

Don't want to suspend, and would like something that works with a glass top.

Hello Bad...

For a tank the size you have, a single, 17 watt florescent lamp from the local hardware store would be sufficient and the cost would be minimal. Look for one in the 6500K to 10,000K range. GE has a good product.

B

You can look into Anubia's, Java Ferns, Bolbitus, and Crypts. A M.Double bright isn't well designed for planted tanks at all. If you go with a better fixture like the one's Brian suggested you'll have more plant options.

Thanks for the replies! That Fugeray Planted+ sounds nice, and less than 74$ shipped for a 24" sounds good to me. My birthday is coming up soon, maybe I can convince my lady to get it for me :D

I can't find any pictures that show the Planted+ in it's entirety, so I wonder what the ends look like. Whether it be wire pedestals like the Marineland and Current, or something else?

It looks exactly like the older Finnex Fugeray and Ray 2 models that uses all 7,000k LEDs.

There's also Fugeray Planted+ review on YouTube. Just search for it.

Back
Top Bottom