Plant novice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Camescu

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all

I'm a complete plant novice. I do have some basic understanding of the need for light, co2 and nutrients and that some plants need very little (fern and moss).

Anyway. Here is my set up:

200 litre tank
T8 Power Glo
T8 aqua Glo

So, what level of plants can I realistically run with these lights? I can alter other factors such as co2 etc but I don't have any plans to upgrade the lighting so far.

Would love to understand the capabilities and limitations of my T8s.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

With that lighting you could do Swords, Crypts, most bulb plants, Vals, Dwarf Sag, Ambulia, Pennywort, Wisteria, Water Sprite, along with Anubia's, Java ferns, and Bolbitus for tying on rock or driftwood.

Ok cheers. So this is what I'm currently stocking, plant wise

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393091071.506999.jpg

This should work ok? I suspect I will need to fertilise and this is my next area to research more properly along with my lighting.

That list is fine but you need to use root tabs with any Sword plants as they are heavy root feeders. For the other plants you will need to use some type of ferts so they get all the micro and macro nutrients they need. I know you have different fertilizers for the most part than what we have in the states so you'll have to do some research and see what one would be a good overall fert for your plants.

Cheers dude. Will do. Also going to investigate the dwarf sag. Looks perfect.

Back
Top Bottom