plant order arrived!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zenkatydid

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so my first online plant purchase arrived yesterday. 15 stems of rotala rotundifola (sp?) for about $15 (australian) including shipping. happy! and as a bonus, the guy included about a dozen stems of blood stargrass!! i love this plant... but i highly doubt it will survive in my tank - i only have 1.5 wpg. i have stuck it in and hoped for the best, but i am away for the weekend... and expect to come home to a dead stargrass :( what's the lowest wpg anyone has successfully grown this plant?

my fert order has been LOST by the post office, though - severely unimpressed.

Blood stargrass (Didiplis diandra) is a real light lover but you might be surprised how it will do under 1.5 wpg. It probably won't thrive, but I think it will at least survive. You'll have to keep us updated on your results :)

well, i arrived back home last night, and am thrilled to find that not only is my stargrass not dead, it has grown about 2cm in the last 4 days! even one piece that was uprooted and caught upside down underneath some hygro has grown as much, with the tip turned around on itself and growing towards the light. so, needless to say, i am pleased. however, i have had a high-light plant go really well for a couple weeks, then go mushy, so we'll see how it progresses.

if only my still-missing ferts order would be as accomodating...

and even more good news - after standing at the post office for about an hour today as they searched everything again, they FOUND it! so as of today i am fertilizing the macros as well as the micros. this will be a very good thing for my tank. yay!

*goes off to research macro levels and dosing*

Back
Top Bottom