plant placement question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildroseofky

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought 4 more different plants for my aquarium and need some advice on aquascaping. Is it better to plant all of one type of plant in a grouping or should they be mixed up? I currently have my plants just mixed up all over the tank. Everything is still placed the same but it has grown out more. I am keeping the moss "tree" and two rock/ruins in the tank because the tank inhabitants love them. I have a 29 gallon and a 10 gallon tank. The 10g tank I am planning on planting the middle of the tank heavy and doing sort of a sea floor type environment. I have lots of sea shells and want them to be sort of displayed. It is my snail only tank for right now.

Attachments

• wholetank29g1 (2).jpg
    wholetank29g1 (2).jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 61
IMO grouping same plants is always better as then each group stands out and can be appreciated whereas if you plant a stem here and there and mix them all up nothing stands out and just gets lost.

Thanks Rivercats, I am making a list of what plants I have and checking their light requirement. I have some places in my tank that have more light than others. I am also checking growing height.

If your using any stem plants growing height doesn't matter as you can keep them trimmed off at any height you want. Part of why I love them so much.

Back
Top Bottom