plant problems!!! help pweeez

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxima423

Aquarium Advice Addict
a few leaves of my banana plant looks like this

img_1317262_0_a6d229f99fe6633f5f81f2c7acb1f20c.jpg

and i dont know if its magnesium or potassium

and a couple of my rotala and moneywort looks like this

img_1317262_1_b1089af88f81ef433e44ca92518dbcfb.jpg

any reason why?? i removed most of the dead leaves already, there are still a few more to go, but anyone have a clue why

i have no tests for kh and gh, my ph is neutral and my temp goes from 78-80 degrees

thanks

How bout you provide some info on your tank, what kind of lighting (Kelvin, wattage?), what kind of substrate, any liquid ferts, how big is your tank??

30inch Coralife T5NO with two 6700k 18watt bulbs

liquid ferts are

sachem flourish excel, iron and comprehensive

just ordered nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus

Well you definitely have plenty of lighting. What's the size of the tank and what substrate do you have??

I have eco complete substrate, about two inches of it, and it's a 20g long divided betta tank

I am dosing the recommended amount that it tells me in the bottle

excel 2ml a day
comprehensive every three days
and I just started iron today

I'll be getting the rest of my sachem products by the end of the week, I just ordered them on amazon

Ok well here's what I think, I think that you may be dosing too much and providing too much nutrients for the plants. Too many nutrients can actually be harmful to plants.

woah thats a first, i thought it was because they were mal nourished, but thats a thought, ill see the results after i use some of the stuff i get at the end of the week

Another thing, you need to go ahead and cut off all of the leaves that have died. This will allow new leaves to sprout. If new leaves are sprouting then your plant is probably fine though.

Yea your problem could be an excess of nutrients idk that's just a guess. Dustin from dustins fish tanks talks about that a lot in his videos, he says all the time that too many nutrients is bad for the plants. Maybe try planting some more plants in your tank to absorb the nutrients would help??

Oh good if your wanting a good beginner foreground plant you should get some dwarf sag, it's easy to grow and looks good! Good luck with you tank!

Back
Top Bottom