Plant Q

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frshwaterfinatc

Aquarium Advice Freak
Was wondering if anyone knows of a site online that I could buy aquarium plants from, possibly at a cheaper price than the lfs? Some of the plants at the lfs are $29... (the good ones) the little scraggly 4 stems-in-a-bundle ones are $2.99, and a little pot of grass and inch tall is $4.99
I want all my plants to be live. :wink: Thanks for any help!

If that Grass, is Mondo Grass.

Stay away from it

its not an Aquatic Plant and will die if submerged.

Thanks. I guess it's not because it's submerged in their tank, but I still wouldn't pay that much for that height!! I want a plant, not a shoot! :mrgreen: LOL!

i think there was another post about this somewhere. alot of people recommended www.aquariumplant.com or something like that. the only place i ever bought plants from is the tycom 3 on ebay. can get pretty good prices if no one else wants it. lol if people want it price keeps going up.

Ha, yeah- I can see that. (Me setting my sights on a plant only to watch the price climb beyond that of my lfs!) :lol: Thanks for the link- I'm going to check it out really fast... and btw, everyone- sorry about the double post. My pc acted up for a seconde there. :oops:

frshwaterfinatc said:
Thanks. I guess it's not because it's submerged in their tank, but I still wouldn't pay that much for that height!! I want a plant, not a shoot! :mrgreen: LOL!

They sell it as a submerged plant, I know.. I got swindled into it myself once.

Just because they sell it as an aquarium plant, dosn't mean it is an aquarium plant ;)

yeah... i like microsword. but i took it out of its lil pail thingy with the foam stuff that keeps it in there and buried it. and when i siphoned around it it just started floating. lol.

azgardens.com is an excellent plant source. aquabotanic.com also sells excellent plants. Those are the only two I have used, but I know there are more. I think Off-Ice sells plants over at plantgeek.net, but I have ordered only ferts from there - very pleased. :D

Back
Top Bottom