Plant Quarantine and ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brunettebaby4571

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so two days or so ago I got some anacharis and an unknown plant from a pond and I was wondering what to do as far as quarantine. Right now I just have the plants floating in a ten gallon by themselves and a little bit of light. How long should I leave them in there? Is there anything else I can do to make sure they dont have any diseases or parasites? Also I think the one plant might be some type of ludwigia maybe palustris but I am not really sure. Here are some pictures of it if anyone could help me id it! Thank you

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 62
Not sure on the ID either.

You can do an H2O2 dip on the plants to kill any hitchhikers/parasites.

It's a ludwigia specie. My money is on ludwigia palustris, as it looks like that and is pretty common stateside.

Thank you guys! And yeah thats what I was thinking it was also. I put it in my tank yesterday and no kidding it grew at least a few inches already!! I was amazed!! It seems very brittle though as in the stems break really easily. Is that common for the plant or is it just these ones? It was pretty banged up when I got it but the new growth looks 100% better already so maybe the stems will also come around.

I tried dipping some of the anacharis in bleach and it did NOT like that at all and all the leaves turned clear and fell off lol

Yeah I went with the peroxide as I had it on hand so hopefully all is well :) Anyone have any idea about the stems being brittle and some spots are mushy?

Back
Top Bottom