Plant Selection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

K9Kyle

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am trying to decide which plants to put in my aqarium, i have about 1.4 watts/gallon and am looking for some plants from south america, amazon area. the tank has eco-complete about 4 inches deep with about an inch of gravel on top.
Thanks

1.4 wpg is still considered low light I believe. Are you planning on dosing ferts or co2?

yes, i have root tabs and Co2 if need be, dont have in on right now because i have mostly java fern and anubis in the tank

Java ferns are pretty self sustaining

But you'd want something more exotic I guess

ya, little taller too, looking to create some natural dividers

Water sprite, wisteria, temple and narrow leaf temple, crypts, and swords. I've also grown dwarf sag and ambulia in lower light levels.

I would use jungle Val's they get really tall. I have one that is 18" tall.

Attachments

• image-3133637930.jpg
    image-3133637930.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 68
I had jungle val once and some of the leaves got 3 foot long that is why this time I went with corkscrew val. It stays much smaller and I like the spiral leaves.

I'm on my phone and sitting here waiting for my trailers so I don't have the list but if you look up my treat "figured out what I'm doing with my 15 gallon column tank" there is a list of some low light plants from Asia/India for my dwarf puffers

This is a pic of the plants now with just the light that cam with the tank and a add on desk lamp with. A 10w bulb pointin to the back, the light is off centered in good so the desk lamp is just there to help the back plants

I also run co2 at 1 bps

Good luck!

Attachments

• image-1331486102.jpg
    image-1331486102.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 59
Back
Top Bottom