Plant suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliffz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Folks,
Hope all are having a nice holiday season. I have not been in the loop for awhile but still have a 55 gal planted tank. It's winter in NY and time to "play " with the tank again. I would like to ask you all for suggestions on what plants I could tie down to a 6 inch piece of driftwood that would survive in my tank. In the past I have done dwarf and long baby tears, (turned yellow and eventually separated from the thread i used to hold it down. Have Java fern now and has black algae and small holes in it--(im looking into my water readings) Have Anubias growing excellent. Have Java moss growing crazy and may consider tying it to the wood as last resort. Have hydrocoytle -and a bunch of other plants growing nicely

bottom line--after I make sure my water is correct for shrimp that are on there way, what plants can I tie to a nice piece of driftwood? Tank currently is a Guppy tank.
55gal--65x2 watts-6hrs (2.3wpg)
dry ferts + csm+B
eco-complete
injected co2
Thanks in advance for your suggestions-Cliff NY

There are several different forms of mosses that look nice tied down. You could also consider fissidens, different types of anubias as well.

Neilan,
Thanks--I have a anubios nano ill tie and will look into the Fissidens-Fontanus looked good! Thanks again!!!

Back
Top Bottom