Plant suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyBusiness

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok, I've never had real plants before and am wanting to get some but I need some help. I don't have fish yet, cycle almost complete. I have a 48" aqueon LED light (new item at Petsmart), 90 gallon aquarium. I'm looking for easy care plants that don't require fertilizers or a CO2 diffuser (I think that's what it is). Anyway, if anyone can list me off a few good plants that would be wonderful! Thank you!

typically you want lowest light plants. Water sprite, java moss, java fern, anubias as all great options. Though TBH I'm not sure if you will have enough light from the LED set up to keep them a live.

Higher light plants is when you get into ferts and CO2 usually though it's not uncommon to sometimes need ferts anyways.

Ok. I guess I'm just looking for some easy care nice somewhat full plants. I have one led strip on my light that it came with but I have option for adding up to two more. I'll have to check the box for output. What light output do plants grow best in?

The red spectrum I think. But just red looks weird to humans so they make it full spectrum do it looks white. But don't quote me

Back
Top Bottom