Plant suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Taiken5968

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I want to pick up a new plant or two today. Foes anyone know o some plant that don't require CO2 and special lighting. Preferably something that will grow quite tall, but any suggestions are welcome.

I have a few plants that seem to be doing well.

How about some Swords (i.e. Amazon, Argentine, etc.), Cypts, and Narrow Leaf Java Fern (aka: Philippine java fern).

Anarchis, wisteria, hornwort, cabomba? -- all of these are pretty fast growing low light stems
if you are wanting rooted plants then what brian suggested would be good too

I've got wisteria and amazon swords, and theyre growing like mad. Just the basic hood and lights that came with my topfin tank.
I do put fertilizer tabs in the substrate every couple of weeks though...

Relatively Easy Plants

I want to pick up a new plant or two today. Foes anyone know o some plant that don't require CO2 and special lighting. Preferably something that will grow quite tall, but any suggestions are welcome.

I have a few plants that seem to be doing well.

Hello Tai...

Anubias nana (not so tall) and Anubias nangi (pretty tall), Java Fern (medium height), Singapore moss, Brazilian waterweed (floater) and Pennywort (floater), will all grow well in most tanks with moderate lighting. The best thing about these, you don't even have to plant them.

B

I really like my hydrophila corymbosa I got in a tube from petco, it should grow as tall as you want it to and I've grown it in t8, t5no, t5ho, and t5ho with co2. This plant is pretty happy as long as it has water and some ferts. It's the background plant in this picture of my 75g

Attachments

• image-3868551762.jpg
    image-3868551762.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 68
Water Sprite is another good one.

I have never had water sprite do well for me, well atleast not for long. I've tried floating, planting, low, moderate, high lighting, liquid and pressurized co2 and it rarely wants to work out. It also ships horribly for me. It's one of those plants that I'll never recommend personally, but I have seen a lot I people do well with it and it makes me jealous!

I know I already replied, but it really does depend on your light and what you're interested in doing. Like me, I personally like stems, but a lot of people prefer rooted plants, I like fast growers, some don't like to trim, etc.
There are sooo many options out there, it depends on what the place you are going to has available and what you want the out one to be.

Goodluck!

Well petco seemed to be almost sold out of almost every plant. They had a few in there. Like java fern, and another type of fern, both of which I have. It is ok though.

I picked up a male neon swordtail. For some reason I could never catch them with one in stock.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll read this thread again when I go back.

Well petco seemed to be almost sold out of almost every plant. They had a few in there. Like java fern, and another type of fern, both of which I have. It is ok though.

I picked up a male neon swordtail. For some reason I could never catch them with one in stock.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll read this thread again when I go back.

Have you ever looked online there are lots of places to order plants. Most have package deals.

Back
Top Bottom