Plant Suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Random Fishy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so I have a future tank planned and I was considering it to be planted. So I was wondering, which plants are easy care for, hardy, low light, easy to trim, and pretty? Those are the only things I ask for. I know of Java ferns and anubia (I think that's how you spell it.) if anyone knows about these plants, can you tell about them? Thanks!

The plants you can get will totally depend on the lighting you get for the tank. Without knowing the light its hard to suggest plants. But the one thing you can remember is anubia, java ferns, bolbitus, and crypts can be kept quite easily in low light tanks. You will need root tabs for crypts as they are heavy root feeders.

The plants you can get will totally depend on the lighting you get for the tank. Without knowing the light its hard to suggest plants. But the one thing you can remember is anubia, java ferns, bolbitus, and crypts can be kept quite easily in low light tanks. You will need root tabs for crypts as they are heavy root feeders.

I have a bright light

Well when doing plants there are quite a bit if factors such as lighting , substrate, fish , and size , but if you forgot all of those there a few plants that can go in pretty much any tank.

Java moss - a southern Asian plant that grows very quickly in almost any condition , also a popular plant for many breeders

Horn Wort - a plant found in all corners or the world that gets to a decent size. If this plant looses a stem or leaf it should ( the stem or leaf) grow into a new plant so in time it replenishes I self

Anubis - a west afacian substrate plant. Some people wouldn't put this on the hardy plant list but I have had a world or luck when I work with it

Hope the list helped , hope to see a picture of it when it's finished
- Freshwater_King

I've always been a big fan of java fern and water wysteria, they both do great in my aquarium. The water wysteria grows upward pretty quickly and makes for some great hiding places.

Back
Top Bottom