Plant suggestions needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greenfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have been redoing my standard 55 gallon tank. I want to replace my swords in the back corners with something that fills the area but doesn't take over the tank like they do. These swords take up so much room now that they really limit the open swimming area and block out a lot of light. Any suggestions for what to replace the swords with is appreciated.

Sorry for my lack of photography skills but here is a pic of my tank.

55tankvq4.jpg

If you like the look of the swords, you could go with some easy Crypts. Some of the larger species would fill in the space nicely but won't grow nearly as fast.

agreed. Crypts are very easy and look great grown. Different color varieties are available too if you wanted to mix in some new color.

Thanks Purrbox and neilanh. I have some crypts already and I do like them. Any suggestions for particular ones that get taller? I pass on Balansae as I had it before and it just gets too tall.

Brown Wendtii was one of my favorites. I got it when it was 2" tall. a few months later it reached the top of my 20H and was thick.

Back
Top Bottom