Plant Symptoms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmg213

Aquarium Advice Regular
I looked through the "Read this First" and many other posts, but I was unable to find something here that simply listed basic sypmtoms of unhealthy plants and what corrective actions one might take. My issue is that I have some Amazon Swords which are getting yellow/brown and I am trying to figure out why, and what I can do to help them.

Well, you're right, bmg, that this doesn't exist... We should really have a section on this.

But, in your looking through the "read this first" section, I think you will have seen a request that you post your lighting, CO2, substrate etc. Could you do this?

These are usually the chief problems when dealing with unhealthy plants. Also, deficiencies in zinc, iron, etc. can cause unhealthy-looking leaves. But these are usually solved by a good dosing of fertilizers (a must for all plants).

Plants are seldom "sick," unless attacked by parasites, so I'm guessing your problem is related to one of the factors I've mentioned above.

I would stick some root tabs under your swords since they are root feeders, that may help. If turning yellow that could mean a iron deficiency. However the problem could be more than the above, so let us know about your set up.

Back
Top Bottom