plant tabs, too good to be true?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_4_all

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well in my numerous hours of searching I may have actually found a descent root tab that I can afford.

Here is the site. If anyone could look and see if they should be any good it would be a big help. The free samples aren't a bad thing either, just make sure you have the right code for the day.

I don't know if they're good or not but I just sent in for my free sample. Thanks for the heads up.

Worth a shot. the 'high phosphate to nitrate' ratio has me slightly concerned...but if you just make sure its covered with gravel and not exposed, it should cause no changes to you water parameters.

its' also cheap to make your own root tabs.

get the clay powder from www.plantguild.com and some PMDD or plantexCSM.

mix equal parts of both, and add just enough water to make very thick toothpaste..almost mud like. then wearing gloves, simply roll up little balls.

you can bake in the oven at 200-250F for 20 mins to quickly cure them/drive the water back out. or they can air dry 24 hours.

the above site also sells a whole root tab making kit, but at $35+, I only recommend it if you're really afraid to totally DIY it your first time.

i use the tetraplant tabs, well i started with them a week ago ish, its plants ( that are water plants lol) do love them, one plant has grown about 2 inches within a week, so as far i as i now they are worth getting in my opinion.

WOW the plantaMin is sooooo cheap $2.99 across the pond, here i pay £9.99 sooo unfair lol

I hope it is legit also because they haven't answered an email yet. If not I am going to order the ones from Big Al's that are even less expensive. I also plan to make my own once I get some of the powder clay so I am really just getting these to see if it is going to make a big enough difference to go out and make a couple hundred tabs on my own. Otherwise I would get the good ones and not worry about testing.

Have you heard from that WEB site yet about a free sample? I think that WEB site gardenWEB or whatever its called is inactive. The actual manufacturer is Agsafe. This same product was made by them on behalf of Aquarium Pharmacuticals who sold it under the name Root tabs. Aquarium Pharm has discontinued the product now, but I picked it up in their place and sell it under the name Natural Advantage RootGrow Tabs. They added a couple things since I took it over.

Most of the ingridients come from natural sources. The iron is from laterite that they imported from Sri Lanka, same laterite Duplas Duplarit was made from, and other minerals and nutrients come from organic compounds derived from plant and fish by products. The tablet contains a growth and root hormone that is contained naturally within the sea kelp that is added to the tablet. This makes a huge difference in getting the plants to a good start. It is all natural.

The organic compounds from fish emulsions, kelp, blood meal, and other sources create trace amounts of C02 as they decompose and create a natural chealator that keeps minerals water soluble so plants can more easily utilize them. So it is much more than just a mineral tablet, and goes further than Seachems Flourish tabs. Flourish tabs contain over 20% calcium, which may not be that desirable. Our RootGrow tabs are also made of a natural binding agent instead of the chalk that Seachem uses. A lot of thought and research went into the development of this product.

I hope this information helps

Robert
www.aquabotanic.com

No reply and no samples yet. I guess their statement that we should be expecting to order if we ask for the samples meant we had to order or not get the samples. Oh well, I won't order from them until I have some kind of report from you Lone. I think I will get the ones from Big Al's since their reputation preceeds them, at least by company reputation.

Let us know if they look lke a descent tab Lone, and if you actually get them. Would be nice if they at least turn out to be a good tab for the price even without the freebies.

Wel, no tabs yet. But with the email I got that they received the order, should get them any day now. If not tomorrow or Saturday, then maybe after the holiday. Will keep you posted.

I think the free samples thing is a farse unless you order. I still might order from them but not unless you really, REALLY like the tabs. Is a price that is really hard to pass up because I am going to need them for my rockwool that I am getting next month. Hopefully this will help with my growing woes.

malkore said:
get the clay powder from www.plantguild.com and some PMDD or plantexCSM.

Is there anything special here that makes this clay better or safer to use than normal clay? I already have a pound of CSM+B for normal dosing, but would like to make a couple of tabs. Can I just go to the local arts and crafts store and get some powedered clay?

I finally got an email form them. They promised they would be sending out samples to me and hopefully all of you that requested them so we can try them out.

Christopher:
Thank you for your email regarding the AgSafe Aquarium Plant Spikes. We apologize for not getting back to you sooner, but we were waiting for a reply from the AgSafe Aquarium Plant Spike manufacturer - AgriTab Corporation. They are providing us with some Free samples for you and your associates to evaluate the product in comparison to Flourish tabs. They say the spikes feed better than Flourish tabs. Please respond to this email with your name and address - so we can now send the samples. Thank you again for your interest.

Mary Hayes
Gardenlink Customer Service

I hope everyone got this email so they can respond and test these things thouroghly so we know if we have found the jackpot in fertilizer tabs or not. I will request a response from them to make sure that you all get the samples. If they don't respond to you, hopefully they will send me a lot of them so I can get them to as many of you as I can.

Can anyone answer my question 2 posts above regarding using normal powder clay from a hobby store?

Back
Top Bottom