Plant trimming tool?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elmonty

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have some water weed that is getting quite tall. What kind of tool should I use to trim it? Is there a "fish-safe" trimmer? Or do I use any old garden trimmer?

lots of online plant dealers sell a kit, long scissors, long tweezers, gravel smoothing tool, comes in a leather case. I got one, but have found more often than not, I pinch off the plants with my fingernails. Use the scissors for tough plants only. tweezers good for planting, other tool I basically never use.

eqlka.jpg

I purchased myself a high end, stainless steel hair cutting scissors. I figure that will more than suffice and its super sharp.

But now, I'm stuck because I don't know how to trim certain plants.. is there a website or something where that kind of info is available?

I had a pair of medical scissors lyeing around for years. I have no idea where they came from.

At any rate, the blades are small, sharp and work great for those "precise cuts" in tight places, such as trimming Swords or annoying roots off stem plants etc......

Back
Top Bottom