Planted 30x30x30cm cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mumma.of.two

Aquarium Advice Obsessed
So, I got another tank for my birthday. :whistle:

I decided to do a planted tank for my Betta. I usually like 'set and forget' type planted tanks, using plants that don't require frequent trimming and are forgiving if you miss fertilizers for a week, but this time I'm going to try a more hands on approach.

THE TANK
Aquaone rimless cube
30x30x30cm
27L/7g

LIGHTING
Single spiral cfl
20w 6500K

HEATER
Blueplanet 25w

FILTER
Internal 200L/h

SUBSTRATE
Pool filter sand
2" at the front
4" at the back

FERTILIZER
DIY osmocote root tabs
API leaf zone
Dinosaur spit and pee
http://www.aquagreen.com.au/plant_data/Dinosaur_Pee.html
http://www.aquagreen.com.au/plant_data/Dinosaur_Spit.html
No Co2

PLANTS
What I have:
Green tiger lotus - nymphaea lotus
Sunset hygro - hygrophilila polysperma 'rosanervig'
Java fern - mircosorum pteropus
Water sprite - ceratopteris thalictroides
Small anubia - unknown
What I've ordered:
Chain sword - echinodorus tenellus
Downoi - Pogostemon helferi
C. Parva
C. Willisii
(I apologize if I got any of the names wrong. Please correct if you see a mistake :))

HARDSCAPE
Goldvine
Collected rocks

Attachments

• image-3048726529.jpg
    image-3048726529.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Thanks Holly, Mandy and Jill. :)

I forgot to mention, the 2 round light colored stones are just in there to hold the goldvine down until it becomes waterlogged.

Cube tanks are my absolute favourite types. Looks amazing! Mumma me and you need to stick together as one of the only AUssies on here. Toowoomba is a great place!

Jason7894561230 said:
Cube tanks are my absolute favourite types. Looks amazing! Mumma me and you need to stick together as one of the only AUssies on here. Toowoomba is a great place!

There aren't too many of us! Toowoomba's Great when it's not wet!

The one thing I would add if you can get it would be some floating plants like Frogbit. That may make the Betta feel less exposed with such a bright light. Perhaps a black background as well ?

Tank looks great. The Lotus leaves will provide some cover as well.

Coursair said:
The one thing I would add if you can get it would be some floating plants like Frogbit. That may make the Betta feel less exposed with such a bright light. Perhaps a black background as well ?

Tank looks great. The Lotus leaves will provide some cover as well.

Funny you a should say that. I almost bought some today. The only thing that stopped me was the price! Surprisingly he doesn't seem too fazed by the lights. I was going to put in a little terracotta pot for him to hide in while the plants grow in but at the moment I don't think it's needed. I caught him sleeping under the anubia this morning when I turned the lights on. It's got a black background. I painted it on.
Thanks for the suggestions. :)

Back
Top Bottom