planted 36g need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daneek155

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I need your guys help on my aquarium.I first started it as a non planted but I ended up planting it it.I have about 2.5 inches gravel. Its a 36g bowfin. I have a fluval 305 in it. I have 1angel.3mollies.5 bards.1 chinese algebra eater.I have 5a plants.2amozon swords.1 water wisteria. 1 water sprite. 1 annubus. I am not running a airstone. I am dosing it for plant food. I boughta 24" floramax light at petco for it.my plants are not growing good. Need advise.

Need help anytime have any suggestions. I am not injecting c02

Im new to the whole planted world myself, but my wisteria and anubias nana grew in very low light conditions. The wisteria grew like a weed before i got my new light...now im really curious how it will grow. What is the specs on that light?

The specs say it is only 17 watts. Im not really an expert but i wanna say that would be "ok" for low light plants. How do the plants look. I know you said they are not.growing well, can you elaborate? What plant food are you using?

I am using api root tabs and nitrafin food. The expevsivest one at Petsmart..the plants look ok. Id say they are green but leaves do die off on the bottom

What kind of bulb should I get or can someone reccomend what lighting system is great but not to pricey. Thanks

How deep is the tank? i'm guessing it's 21 inches? If that is the case your light may not be strong enough to penetrate that deep.

What is your budget?

Mix "flourite red" in with your substrate, it works great!
Make sure you rinse the **** outta the flourite tho

do i just wash the substrate really good and it to my gravel???? or should i take out some gravel first.... i found i a kit for dual h5 lights. it will give me a total of 36 watts because they are 18w each. is 36w for a 36 g tank ok. theres only about 30 gallons of water in the tank due to the decor and gravel..

Back
Top Bottom