Planted 75G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
Once I get my 75G planted tank set up, I plan on moving my 3 GBR's and 3 Bolivians to it, and will get a few more. What other fish would go good in the tank? I want the tank to look really nice. I will have just about 3.4w/g with CO2, plenty of larger plants for cover, as well as some low foreground cover, and 1 or 2 good-sized pieces of driftwood. Just would like some ideas as to what would go good with Rams, or fish that you usually find with rams in the wild. Thanks.

Angelfish for sure. LOL, I thought there were going to be picutres. I am also partial to serpae tetras, but they need a school or they can be nippy.

I'll definitely post pictures once it's set up. Also looking through tons of plants too, to see what I like and will work in my setup. Going to use eco complete as my substrate.

Also, if I decide on angelfish, which is where I'm leaning, will give me some experience with them as well. Never had them. What would be a good number of angelfish? Will also have other fish as well.

Looking at 5 each of GBR's and Bolivians, however many angels, and was looking at a school or 2 of tetras. Also, would cherry barbs go? I think the reds and browns of the males and females would go nice in the planted setup for color, adding a little red. What are your opinions on cherry barbs?

I'd get a pleco, I've been getting into plecos big time! Cory cats also another of my favorites. Man I wish I had a 250 gal tank. 8)

For a pleco, would like the chocolate brown one like Jchillin. :)
Would also get 2 different schools of cories as well. Would need to get ones that would work well with water conditions (temp), as the tank will run at 76-78 degrees.

There are so many types of plecos, LOL, that is why I have so many different kinds. Cories there are a lot of too, and they are so awesome, no matter which ones you go with IMO. I really like my albino cory, he is just so different than the others.

If I were you, I wouldn't get two schools of tetras.. I thought about doing that in my planted 75gal.. but you'd be surprized how large a school of 10-13 tetras looks.. and if you have two schools.. it just doesn't have that same effect- you end up having tons of small fish scattered (not really schooling) all over the tank. Thats just my two cents, tho

You could always get a red tailed black shark and/or a few barbs (golden or cherry) as well as the angels, tetras, cories and rams that you have

lyquidphyre said:
You could always get a red tailed black shark and/or a few barbs (golden or cherry) as well as the angels, tetras, cories and rams that you have

Sounds good, but trying to stay away from the look of my 55G, sharks and tiger barbs, with eels, etc. Looking for a more peaceful community. Although I might do the red tail shark, as I don't have one now.

So with 1 school of tetras, would having a school of cherry barbs have the same effect as 2 schools of tetras or would I be ok there?

EDIT: Oops, I missed that. You did say cherry barbs or goldens. Then that's ok. Thanks....

Also staying away from loaches on this tank, as my 55G is loaded, lol. I think the pleco and the cories will cover that job description. :)

So here's my list so far:

5 German Blue Rams
5 Bolivian Rams
5 Angels
1 Pleco
6 One type of cories
6 Second type of cories
1 Red Tail Shark
8-10 Tetras
8-10 Cherry Barbs

How would that sound?

Ok, another question. Should I stay with all the same type of angels, or get a couple different ones, like 3 of 1 and 2 of another? Or 3 of each?

Wizzard~Of~Ozz said:
Rummynose are great schoolers, Xray are mid dwellers almost all the time.

Those are the 2 in that list that I'm familiar with.

I was also looking at the Congo Tetra, but not sure if I want to go that big. Do most of the tetras school well? Knowing me, will probably end up with the Rummies, as they have tons of them here at the lfs.

Back
Top Bottom