Planted rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zimmanski

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey, just looking for words of encouragement or any criticisms on my new scape. I liked both layouts but I think the new one gives more space to the fish and looks better. What do you guys think? First two are before(one way before and one right before the new scape) and the last three are the new layout

Attachments

• image-3237353296.jpg
    image-3237353296.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 286
  • image-3545524923.jpg
    image-3545524923.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 254
  • image-3918521608.jpg
    image-3918521608.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 281
  • image-2909419723.jpg
    image-2909419723.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 275
  • image-4124480822.jpg
    image-4124480822.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 285
Wow!!! It's amazing man! I love it. What's the plant right behind the driftwoodninnthe center? Looks like Rotala Wallichii to me...and this might be a dumb question lol but what is the abundance of plants in the background called?

Compared to the earlier setups, the new one looks deeper front to back. Nice arc effect along the "skyline".

Hey, just looking for words of encouragement or any criticisms on my new scape. I liked both layouts but I think the new one gives more space to the fish and looks better. What do you guys think? First two are before(one way before and one right before the new scape) and the last three are the new layout

Wow. If I manage to get something that could compete with that I'll be thrilled. What type of plant is the nice green one all over. Amazon swords?

that looks great! the only thing I'd change personally would be to offcenter the driftwood a bit...I just remember the "rule of 1/3's" in school and things always seemed more appealing when they followed that rule...less "uniform" i guess would be the way to put it.
It really does look great the way it is though!
What plants are in there? Looks like a ton of swords

Thanks everyone! I did think of slightly off centering the DW but my plan is to kind of take care of the symmetry as the plants fill in. You're right it is walichii! I'm excited to have it, I've never seen it at my LFS until Saturday. Get this though, no swords in my tank! The tall leafy plants are hydrophila compacta(not very compact haha) the plants on the left are rotala indica and just a few wisteria on the right. I've got willow moss tied to the center driftwood but it looks terrible due to its shipping but I'll see how it goes, I just got some Christmas moss in the mail yesterday though and it looks amazing, so green!

Thanks! Here's a couple more with a side view

Attachments

• image-2449444359.jpg
    image-2449444359.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 186
  • image-2541365885.jpg
    image-2541365885.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 221
  • image-1306721117.jpg
    image-1306721117.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 177
  • image-3389704377.jpg
    image-3389704377.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 173
Haha I like it too! Its the only fake thing in the tank, its my clown loach's house

I saw where you say your main plant was hygro compacta? I'm horrible with plant names and I could be totally wrong, not I have hygro temple and it is doing pretty bad :( out of 5 stems of it I only have 1 left and its looking pitiful. What do you do as far as ferts go?

I saw where you say your main plant was hygro compacta? I'm horrible with plant names and I could be totally wrong, not I have hygro temple and it is doing pretty bad :( out of 5 stems of it I only have 1 left and its looking pitiful. What do you do as far as ferts go?

Sorry yours arent doing so well, Im not sure of anything specific to help you.
My compacta has done great since I first bought it, it has been in the tank since back when I only used excel and flourish comp. I have put in root tabs in the past, some seachem and some API with iron, but I dont do this regularly. My water is a little hard and ph7.1, nitrates before dry ferts were hovering around 5ppm.

Now I use the GLA dry fert package and dose PPS-pro as well as some liquid carbon(metricide) daily.

Yes I do. I put root tabs near them (i figured they have roots so why not?), dose liquid co2 and seachem NPK ferts.

Mrs.H are you talking about the plant you have on the far right and back corner of your tank? looks to me like its pretty shaded over there, that may be why. Kind of looks to me like you need 3 lamps instead of 2

Sorry yours arent doing so well, Im not sure of anything specific to help you.
My compacta has done great since I first bought it, it has been in the tank since back when I only used excel and flourish comp. I have put in root tabs in the past, some seachem and some API with iron, but I dont do this regularly. My water is a little hard and ph7.1, nitrates before dry ferts were hovering around 5ppm.

Now I use the GLA dry fert package and dose PPS-pro as well as some liquid carbon(metricide) daily.

It's the pps pro all the tanks that use that system seem to be beautiful. I need to get some.

It's the pps pro all the tanks that use that system seem to be beautiful. I need to get some.

It's all the same stuff almost as the seachem liquid stuff, except that it is far, I mean far, more economical and is easier to adjust fert levels to your needs. I spent $30 on GLA ferts that will last at least a year where as just one bottle of excel cost me $17 and lasted 3 weeks. I made a basic spreadsheet that has the amount of fert per bottle and how to dose it per 10 gallons and posted it in my photos. There's also a spreadsheet for seachem's liquid ferts I was using before I made the switch

Back
Top Bottom