Planted shrimp bowl build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys! Back with a new build. Wanna make a ghost shrimp bowl this time! I have Alot of Qs. Im gonna do java moss, duckweed, and a piece of java fern. This tank will have no heater and im trying to go without a filter, is that possible? Can ghost shrimp live in a tank this small? Without a filter? Will room lighting be enough for these plants? Or should i get a small desk lamp?

Thanks

Hey guys! Back with a new build. Wanna make a ghost shrimp bowl this time! I have Alot of Qs. Im gonna do java moss, duckweed, and a piece of java fern. This tank will have no heater and im trying to go without a filter, is that possible? Can ghost shrimp live in a tank this small? Without a filter? Will room lighting be enough for these plants? Or should i get a small desk lamp?

Thanks

Yes yes and yes. You may need a light though.

You will need at least an air filter to keep the water oxygenated. Or do daily water changes. The java moss and fern might be okay without added light but the water lettuce will not. It needs at least some added light. No heater would probably be alright if the room is decently warm.

Ok thanks. So the plants will just filter the water right. Should i leave this bare bottom? And ive never done shrimp, so what should i feed them and how much?

The plants should filter the water however adding pothos vine or something may help.
I wouldnt feed alot in a setup like this but ghosties eat just about anything.

Back
Top Bottom