Planted Tank Questions!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Retaks

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone. I recently planted my tank. I would like a few opinions from the experts on here. Right now i have a 55 gal tank with my 5" Rhom and 3 Exodons in it. There are a few low light plants in there. The lighting is a Nova Extreme set that is a 108 watt set but i have one of the bulbs taken out so it is only 54 watts. The 2 bulbs it came with were a 10,000K bulb and a Freshwater bulb. Which would be better for my setup? I plan on adding Co2 in the near future so i will be using both bulbs but would like to know which is better for now. I also have some Jungle Root Tabs in there because i have Moon Sand in the tank and dose API Leaf Zone every 5-6 days. I plan on having 2wpg soon as previously stated but am waiting to get a Co2 setup. Im going to start with a DIY one and upgrade from there. Is there anything i would need to change to have 2wpg? Any tip or tricks to keep my plants healthy? I just got the Nova Extreme lights yesterday. the plants werent looking very good at all with the 36 watts the stock lights put out. thanks alot for your time and im sorry this is so long.

I forgot to add my water params:

Ph: 6.8
NitrAte: 15
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0

With low light plants, 1 bulb will keep you going. Either bulb is fine... the 10,000K will probably make the tank look better as a stand alone.

I think the small addition of light will help your plants perk up pretty quick if indeed they are low light plants. What kind of plants are you growing?

Back
Top Bottom