Planted tank update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I figure, its been at least a month since I last posted a picture of my 46 gallon planted tank. Ill post a picture of when I first put my plants in, and then a picture of my tank now, after I have trimmed and rearranged a bit.

Before:
img_1781362_0_916618bd9fb54644a1f91ce8f3dbc382.jpg

After
img_1781362_1_ca4d54fef411b99e5a38ade1da8cb391.jpg

My wisteria (far left and far right) has really taken off... It might be my favorite at the moment. The corkscrew vals (very back of the tank) have been trimmed twice now and are growing nicely. The two java ferns havent grown much, but have been shooting out little baby ferns like mad... Two Anubias are growing nicely.. They are a little less than double the size they were when I first go them. The only thing that hasnt changed much is the dwarf sag...

I was told the dwarf sag would really take off and start sending shoots everywhere. It hasnt grown much, but maybe thats because I dont have enough light in the tank.. I only have a T5 two bulb fixture.

Im not crazy about the little hut thingy in the center of the tank, either, but my attempts to get my driftwood to sink have failed for the moment.

Anyways... What do you guys think?

That looks great. I know my biggest issue since switching to planted has been patience while waiting for everything to fill in. I really like this. Nice work!

Have you tried tying your driftwood to a piece of stone heavy enough to sink it?

Very nice this my 46 gallon bow front, I am adding pressurised co2
This week :)
ForumRunner_20120204_202119.jpg

Have you tried tying your driftwood to a piece of stone heavy enough to sink it?

I tied the driftwood to a brick and let it soak in the cycling tank for more than a month... Its just not going to sink. I have to figure out a way to get it to stay sunk without using suction cups...

Talvari said:
I tied the driftwood to a brick and let it soak in the cycling tank for more than a month... Its just not going to sink. I have to figure out a way to get it to stay sunk without using suction cups...

A month is no were near long enough mate I have a huge peice in one of my tanks for about a year and it still isn't completely sunk

I am not 100% sure. Its from thedriftwoodstore. They said the stuff is supposed to have soaked a mad long time and that it shouldn't take too long to sink again, maybe a couple of weeks. I checked out the dates of when it arrived (the day i put it in the tank) and the last picture of the tank with the wood in it.... It was in there for 9 weeks. So I was a little off, time wise.

img_1790351_0_23f661781d6f5cb977b019fb8d6a6e23.jpg

As of today... The wisteria seems to have shot up over night... Im going to have to trim it again soon, lol. Same with the vals... My little italians in the front are starting to shoot up, too, and they have a bunch of new sprouts.

And FINALLY! My dwarf sag.... New leaves, longer leaves, and runners! I have about 4 new shoots, yay!

I had to pull some of my wisteria out of the front of the tank... It was getting a little cramped in there! I planted 10 dwarf sag initially. Now I have 22!

img_1817905_0_a1955f7c6dfed5ca850ca414aaaef47e.jpg

Looks great my wisteria grows like a weed aswell as my vallis I'm running pressurized co2 on my tank so I have to cut it back almost every week :)

Back
Top Bottom